Facing Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b4: The error is likely to occur because of the following situations:
- After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8/8.1
- The following error appears when you try to update Windows
There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800705b4)
The 0x800705b4 error happens when some system files are unavailable to complete the operation. Any required device files get deleted or restricted because of the installation of obsolete drivers and applications or viruses. In this case, you adopt the following procedures to repair it.
Solution 1: Use the Advanced System Repair Tool
Corrupted or Damaged system files such as DLL files, EXE files, sys files, etc. are the most common reason for windows update failures. There are thousands of device files with unique tasks that function. You can get Windows Upgrade Error 0x800705b4 if one of the files is replaced, removed or corrupted.
Solution 2: Update your device Drivers
Your device drivers need to be updated. Many drivers become obsolete or incompatible when you update the older version of your windows to a newer version. The driver needs to be updated. However, once you use the Advanced System Repair Tool, you don’t have to think about it because it can upgrade all system components automatically. Here is a step for manually upgrading device drivers.
- Right-click or pick Properties on My Computer or Computer icon, then click on Device manager
- Here, you can get all the devices and drivers that are installed. Expand devices, right-click the driver, and then select Update Driver. In order to complete the update process, you must be connected to the Internet.
Solution 3: Turn Off Win
dows Defender and Third-Party Antivirus
- Click the Windows Key + R button to open the Run Dialog box. Type Services.msc. and click OK
- In the list, find Windows Defender service.
- Right-click and then click stop on Windows Defender.
- Now run the Windows Update. After installing the update, you could use the same methods to run Windows Defender.
You won’t get Windows 10 Upgrade Error 0x800705b4 after completing the process successfully. These are the approaches tested to resolve the 0x800705b4 update error in Windows 10.