Window 7/8 10 Update Error code 0x80070057: This error code is not limited to one problem only and you can get this error in different places in Windows; however, when you install updates in Windows 7/8 and Windows 10, this problem most frequently happens. Here, in this post, I’m going to address the cause behind this problem and the most relevant solution being tested to fix this mistake.
What is the reason for Windows 7/8/10 Update Error code 0x80070057?
This error often happens as you attempt to install Windows 7 and 10 updates. Below are the major reasons behind this mistake:
- Corrupted Windows Update database
- Antivirus program checks and tags the folder for Software Distribution folder as suspicious and blocks execution.
- The Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) does not respond or stop s working
- There are missing or invalid Registry Entries in the system
- Missing some critical device files
How to fix Windows 10 Update Error code 0x80070057
Here, few methods tested that will certainly help you solve this issue
Method 1: Fix Using the Advanced System Repair Tool
Corrupted or damaged system files such as DLL files, EXE files, sys files, etc. are the causes for windows upgrade failures. There are thousands of device files with unique tasks that function. You can get Windows Update Error code 0x80070057 if one of the files is replaced, removed or corrupted.
Download and install and scan your PC with the Advanced System Repair Tool. It has an extensive archive of 25 million files. Both missing or damaged device files can be reinstalled with the latest one. Try to install Windows update again, after optimizing with the Advanced System Repair Tool.
Method 2: Reset the Windows Update
Windows Update reset; flushes all wrongly configured entries and resets them to their default value. Most of the time, resetting windows Update solve the error.
- Download Windows Reset File from Microsoft from the following link
- Extract the WuReset.bat file and open it by double-clicking., Click yes, if it asks for permission
- You can find that a command window opens and certain command line statements are run automatically.
- Try downloading the update again after the procedure is done, you won’t get the same error again.
Method 3: Uninstall Firewall and Antivirus
As described above, the Antivirus and Firewall blocks the incoming link much of the time and causes the upgrade to crash. Often, kindly uninstall the antivirus and firewall and attempt to update again.
Method 4: Try Troubleshooter for Windows Update
A perfect way to address upgrade related problems is Windows Update Troubleshooter. Here are the steps to fix the issue with Windows Update.
- Open the Control Panel in the search box and type Troubleshooting.
- Under System and Security, press Fix Problems with Windows Update.
- To resume troubleshooting, press nest. Wait until the troubleshooter diagnoses the issues.
- After the procedure ends, you will notice that the 0x80070057 error is fixed.
The solutions should help in fixing Windows 10 Update Error code 0x80070057. Let us know what worked for you in the comments below.
In conclusion, Windows Update error code 0x80070057 can be a frustrating issue to deal with, but there are several methods that can be used to fix it. Running the Windows Update troubleshooter, resetting the Windows Update components, checking for malware or viruses, performing a system restore, and manually installing updates are all potential solutions.
However, if none of these methods work, it may be necessary to seek professional help or contact Microsoft support for further assistance. It is important to back up important files before attempting any fixes and to follow the steps carefully to avoid any further issues.