Throwaway Reddit Account:
In Reddit, every post and comment you send is linked to your user account. This is normal, but what if you want to post anonymously? That’s what a throwaway account is for.
What is a throwaway account?
A throwaway account is a temporary account used for a specific purpose other than your main Reddit account. You can be identified through your name or your browsing history in your regular reddit account. If you want to ask a question or comment without anyone knowing who you are, you need a throwaway account.
You can also check for how to quote on Reddit?
Reasons to use a throwaway reddit account:
- Discuss financial matters
- Talks about personal or embarrassing issues
- Asking questions about working with an employer
- Any subject you want to discuss freely without being identified
You might want to post sensitive things using a throwaway account, Even if you usually use an alias online Going through all your comments, internet detective wont be able to find who you are.
Remember that an unidentified account does not protect you from saying something useful to find out who you are. Be cautious what information you are sharing.
The term “throwaway accou nt” is also used for other types of accounts, from email and social media to online gaming. This is not your main account, but a temporary account.
How to create a throwaway account on Reddit
Reddit accounts are free and there is no limit to the number of accounts you can create.
If you are interested, you can log in to your regular Reddit account using the throwaway Account. Open a private browsing window, launch another browser or use a different browser profile (incognito mode).
- Visit Reddit and click “Sign Up” at the top of the page. If you are already signed in, you will need to sign out first.
- Enter username and password. The username may be anything but unique, but you should not choose a username that is used elsewhere. Choose a username that is not related to your regular Reddit username. Some people even put ” throwaway ” in the account name.
- You do not need to enter the email address later to create an account- we’ll discuss that later, but you must tick the CAPTCHA box before clicking the “Sign Up” button.
- Unselect the subtitles selected for you and click the “Finish” button.
- You will be logged into Reddit with your new throwaway account.
Should You Add an Email Address?
You may have noticed that you did not add an email address when setting up your account. You do not need one, but chances are it will be useful.
If you forget your password, you will need an email address on file to reset it. You will not receive email notifications for comments and messages unless you add an email address.
You can add an email address in a variety of ways without using your real address.
Gmail users can create disposable alias that gives emails to their main Gmail inbox. You can set labels and filters as you wish.
You can create a new email address. Creating a new account on Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo is quick and easy.
Adding an email address can help, but in the end, do not add one to throwaway Reddit accounts. If notifications are important to you, think about using the Reddit on iPhone or Android app and enabling them there. If you’re worried about forgetting your password, use Password Manager.