uTorrent is widely used for downloading from all around the world. Due to such a huge user base, it is really important to keep the platform live and running. recently, Reddit has been flooding with various issues that are being faced by uTorrent users in which lies the not responding issue.
Don’t worry because we will be solving the problem by the end of this article.
Note: “Etechno team is not holding any responsibility for any damage or file corruption caused due to the following fix.”
Some fixes to the problem
1. Restarting using the Task Manager
The first and best approach would be to close all the uTorrent processes. To do the following, stop uTorrent and its related services from the Task Manager and restart.
- Start by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at once to open the Task Manager.
- Choose uTorrent and click End Task.
- Move to File > Run New Task.
- In the following window, click Browse…
- Move to the following path-
After doing the steps, try downloading to check if the issue is solved.
2. Running as an administrator
To prevent the service from being disabled by Windows, try running uTorrent as an administrator. To get started,
- Right click the uTorrent program and choose Properties.
- Click Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply followed by OK.
Restart the computer and try running uTorrent again.
3. Disabling any proxy
It has also been noticed that servers allow users to browse privately by keeping the Ip private. However, it has also been observed that proxy servers’ conflict with some network-based applications including uTorrent.
To get rid of this error, Disable proxy servers by-
- Pressing the Windows logo +R and entering inetcpl.cpl.
- Locate to the Connection tab and choose LAN settings.
- Untick the column followed by Use a proxy server for you LAN.
Restart uTorrent to check if the issue is fixed.
4. Deleting the application data
Sometimes, corrupted app data causes the problem. Just navigate to the app directory and deleting the data from there.
- Start by pressing the Windows key + R to open the run dialog box.
- Enter %AppData%\utorrent and press enter.
- After that, delete all the files of the folder.
- Restart the computer and launch uTorrent application.
5. Updating the drivers
There is a high possibility that the device drivers are outdated that might be causing the error or some wrong driver that has been installed in your system.
For this, Install the correct driver from the official website of the manufacturer.
- Fill in the correct details of the brand of driver present in the system.
- Make sure it matches your computer architecture system.
If you are a new user and still cannot find the relevant details about the drivers. This method will surely help you with that.
- Down the Driver Easy software from here.
- Run the software and clicking the Scan Now feature.
- It will scan for all the outdated or corrupted drivers and present a list of all.
- Click Update All after buying the Pro version with a minimum charge.
Restart the computer to make sure the problem is fixed.
If none of the above methods work, reinstall the uTorrent application with preferred settings.
Still, have any query? Comment down below.