From the beginning February 2019 when Apex Legends was launched, it has been on the top of the charts when it comes to the latest Battle Royal themed games out there in the bay among the players. One of the reasons of this game topping the charts is none other than the update pushing strategy of the developers. Apex Legends have been receiving updates every now and then which makes it one of the best games with latest and newest features with every roll out.
Well, now let us know the issue. Some users have been reporting issue while launching the game as the game would crash and would not launch at all. So, in this article, we will help you with that.
Note: “Etechno team does not hold any responsibility of glitches due to the fixes below.”
Some fixes to the problem
1. Installing the latest patch
Apex developers always keep on releasing latest patches to improvise and fix user reported issues, so one should regularly check for latest versions for the game in Origin or the website.
After that, install the latest patch to keep the app updated. If the method did not work, try other solutions.
2. Try repairing the game from the Origin
If the game is not launching, repair it using the Repair Game feature from the Origin.
- Start by diving into the Origin client and moving to My Game Library.
- Move to Apex Legends and right click on it. Followed by selecting the Repair option.
- After that, follow the steps and complete it.
- Restart the system and check if the game is loading or not computer.
- Launch Apex Legends and ensure if the game works properly.
If the game does not load even after this fix, move on to the next fix.
3. Running the game as an administrator
If the game is not loading when launched, try running it as administrator using the steps below.
- Start by typing Apex Legends from the search box and right clicking Apex Legends and choosing Run as administrator.
- Confirm if the method worked.
- If the method worked, follow the steps below else move to the next fix if it did not work.
- Open file location of the game.
- After ending up in the directory, right click the Apex Legends .exe and select its Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program as an administrator
- Click Apply.
Restart the computer to check if the game is still launching properly.
4. Allowing the game through Windows Firewall
Most of the times, Windows Firewall blocks various games due to unknown reasons. Just allow access to them using the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Move to the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Choose the Change settings.
- Hover down and check if the game is present there.
- In case, Apex Legends is showing, allow it.
- Click Allow another app if the game is not there.
- Choose Browse and select Apex Legends and clicking Add.
Restart your computer and check if the game is launching properly.
5. Updating the graphics drivers of the system
There is a high possibility that the graphics drivers are outdated that might be causing the error or some wrong driver that has been installed in your system.
For this, Install the correct driver from the official website of the manufacturer.
- Fill in the correct details of the brand of driver present in the system.
- Make sure it matches your computer architecture system.
If you are a new user and still cannot find the relevant details about the display driver. This method will surely help you with that.
- Down the Driver Easy software from here.
- Run the software and clicking the Scan Now feature.
- It will scan for all the outdated or corrupted drivers and present a list of all.
- Click Update All after buying the Pro version with a minimum charge.
Restart the computer to make sure the problem is fixed.
If none of the methods solved the problem, try uninstalling the game as well as the Origin client.
- Start by pressing the Windows+R key to open the Run dialog
- Type appwiz.cpl and click ok.
- Select Origin and Apex Legends clicking Uninstall.
- Uninstall Origin and Apex Legends by following the standard settings.
- Re-install both the applications.
Still, have questions? Comment down below and our team will reply as soon as possible.