If you are receiving a lot of text messages from the mobile number 32665 and want to stop it, then you are at the right site. You might have already supposed that the number must belong to either Facebook or Instagram.
Then you are right; Facebook uses the phone number 32665 to communicate various notifications regarding its Facebook or Instagram account with its account holders . Facebook notifications are like a new message from somebody, a friend’s birthday, or a new friend request.
Also, when you request a validation code for your Facebook account password change, you might receive the Facebook verification code from this mobile number.
Many users recently reported how they were bombarded with text notifications from 32665 about Facebook notices. Facebook later clarified that it was a bug which caused this storm of messages to users.
What does a text from 32665 mean?
Users can also update their status by sending it to this number. And also, if they reply to any notification, then the reply is also automatically posted as a status update or a reply.
If the text was about someone’s birthday, then the reply is posted on the person’s timeline, whose birthday it is. If it is a reply to a comment, then the reply sent via text is added as a reply to the comment in the said notification.
Why are you getting a text from Facebook?
You got a text message from Facebook from the number 32665 because you have an account with Facebook and you are receiving notifications on it. Facebook notifications are like a new friend request or a new message from a friend, or it might be somebody’s birthday.
Is 32665 from Instagram?
Facebook rarely uses the 32665 number for anything related to your Instagram account, like password reset or new notifications.
How to stop text messages from 32665?
You can easily stop these text messages by sending the phrase ‘ STOP’ to the same number, 32665, and you will receive a message from Facebook that your SMS notifications have been successfully stopped.
consider you are still getting notifications from FB. In that case, you should try turn off notifications from the Facebook website or the mobile app.
How to turn off text notifications from Facebook?
You also can turn off text notifications on the Facebook website. Turning text notifications off should turn off any messages related to Facebook notifications you are still receiving from the 32665 number.
Here’s how to quickly turn off text notifications on Facebook –
- Open your Facebook account settings, go to ‘ Notifications ‘, and then scroll down to the bottom.
- Then change SMS frequency to ‘ Only about your account ‘ and turn off all the other options below about SMS notifications like the comments, tags, reminders, etc.
How to turn off text notifications from Facebook on mobile?
The process for turning off text notifications from Facebook on the mobile app is also pretty similar to the way it is done on the desktop website. Here’s how to do it –
- Open the Facebook app, and then from the hamburger menu options, open your account settings.
- Now look for Notification settings in the list of options on the settings page.
- Open ‘ Text Messaging ‘ and then edit the notifications option.
- Then press ‘ Not Now ‘ on the next screen and also uncheck all the options below the ‘ Get notifications about ‘ option.
There is also another a little bit different method to stop text messaging notifications from Facebook, and here it is –
- Similarly, like the last method, open up your account Settings and then the ‘ Notification settings ‘.
- Then, swipe down to the bottom, select the ‘ SMS ‘ option, and change the SMS frequency to ‘ Only about your account ‘.
- Also, uncheck all the options below to ensure that you do not receive text messages for anything at all.