India is home to around 1508 M Pharm colleges that teach specialized courses, and in the modern world, earning a Master of Pharmacy degree after completing a bachelor’s will be a great way to improve your abilities and gain in-depth knowledge. The M.Pharm degree, however, is a rigorous curriculum that necessitates strong academic aptitude and a genuine interest in pharmaceuticals. So, to assist you in getting ready for this program, we will look at some eligibility requirements of the best M Pharm colleges in India in this blog.
|Table of Contents:
About Master of Pharmacy
M.Pharm is a two-year postgraduate program that entails studying theoretical ideas as well as real-world applications in the medical field and medication delivery systems. The best M Pharm colleges in India, however, include courses that are designed to give students the full technical, researched, practical, and theoretical knowledge of pharmacy, encompassing both conventional and new medications. Additionally, a degree in pharmacy opens up a wealth of opportunities in the healthcare sector, which extend beyond drug research and experimentation.
The course curriculum of the two popular M Pharmacy specializations in India
|MPharma in Pharmacology||● Principles of Drug Discovery
● Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques
● Pharmacological and Toxicological Screening Methods- I & II
● Advanced Pharmacology- I & II
● Experimental Pharmacology (practical)
● Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology
|MPharma in Pharmaceutics||● Drug Delivery System
● Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques
● Molecular Pharmaceutics (Nano Tech and Targeted DDS)
● Computer-Aided Drug Delivery System
● Regulatory Affair
● Cosmetic and Cosmeceuticals
● Modern Pharmaceutics
● Advanced Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
Entry requirements for admission to the Master of Pharmacy program
In India, the M Pharma colleges in Jaipur offer the best postgraduate pharmacy program. You can review the following items to have a general idea of its minimum prerequisites:
- Aspirants need to hold a B.Pharm degree from an accredited college or an equivalent.
- They must earn a minimum of 55% in their bachelor’s degree. However, based on various restrictions, different colleges have varying minimum percentage requirements for enrollment in the M Pharma.
- Students must typically be at least 17 years old to enrol in this academic program. Also, until and unless expected by any college, there is no set upper age limit for this course.
- Candidates must take one of the M Pharmacy entrance examinations and obtain a minimum overall score to be considered for entrance-based admission.
What is the registration procedure for M Pharma colleges in Rajasthan?
To seek admission you must visit the official website of your desired college, and follow the below steps:
- Go to the “admission” link on the homepage, where you will find some choices underneath. Choose M. Pharmacy from the list, then click “Apply Online.”
- You will need to fill out a form with all the necessary information. Make sure the data you input is accurate and matches the information on the submitted documents.
- The next step will be uploading the necessary documents in the required format after verifying all the information you have entered.
- Following this, you shall pay the amount required using net banking, debit card, or credit card to complete the application form.
- On successful payment, you can submit your application form, and download it for future use.
Following this, you should regularly check the college website for the merit list, selection, and counselling processes.
What are the benefits of studying M.Pharmacy?
1. Diverse Career Options
Students can work in both the medical sector as well as the retail sector after earning their degree from the best M Pharm colleges in India. Also, they have the option of conducting additional research or working as academicians who instruct the next generation in pharmaceutical expertise.
2. Develop Skills
With this degree, students will learn a wide range of abilities, including those for problem-solving and making decisions. Moreover, ambitious students can apply to study in universities abroad to do research that will increase their job and career chances.
The prevalence of ailments among individuals nowadays is driving up prescription rates and accelerating drug development at the same time. As a result, there is a high need for pharmacists in the medical sector, which promotes strong career growth.
4. High Income and Work Flexibility
Graduating from the best M Pharm colleges in India guarantees a good income. Also, unlike doctors, who are obligated to work during emergencies, pharmacists can set their working hours.
Why Arya College for M. Pharmacy programs?
- Its experienced academic members lay a heavy emphasis on knowledge transfer in the areas of formulation development, manufacturing technology, and process development, which are essential specialities for creating both conventional and cutting-edge drug delivery systems.
- Each program provided here has received approval from both the AICTE and the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). Moreover, it guarantees the highest possible placement rate in prestigious companies.
- Arya College Jaipur follows a curriculum that has been updated to match industry standards. Its first year consists of theoretical and practical sessions on topics like dosage form design, advanced pharmaceutical methods of analysis, drug regulatory affairs, etc. And, the second-year projects focus on formulation development, stability studies, and process validation for both conventional as well as novel drug delivery systems.
To summarize, earning a postgraduate pharmacy degree opens up chances that typically give solid professional progress. In addition, data showed that in 2020–2021, roughly 4,148 new students started their first year of an MPharm degree, compared to 3,743 in 2019–2020. Nonetheless, before enrolling at the best M Pharm colleges in India, you should do considerable research to find a suitable MPharm program.
1. Which are the prominent entrance examinations accepted by the best pharmacy colleges in India?
The top two national-level entrance examinations to get into the best pharmacy colleges in India are:
- GPAT- The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers this Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. And, the majority of the AICTE-approved institutions and universities consider the GPAT scores for admission purposes.
- NIPER JEE- This is mostly carried out by the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Ahmedabad, which facilitates admission to its seven institutes around India.
2. Who are India’s top employers for M.Pharm graduates?
Zydus, Cadila, Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited, Abbott India Limited, SBL Pvt. Ltd, Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Pfizer, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, and
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd is among the best recruiters for Master of Pharmacy degree holders. And, according to Ambitionbox, the average yearly pay for M Pharm graduates in India is 2.5 Lakhs, with salaries ranging from 0.2 Lakhs to 5.2 Lakhs.
`3. Do drug inspectors need to have an M. Pharm degree?
No, you must complete a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree with a minimum grade to become a drug inspector. However, you can also choose an M. Pharm degree since some Central Government departments may require it as a prerequisite for applying for a position as a drug inspector.
4. What is the annual course fee of M Pharma colleges in India?
The average total cost of M. Pharm mostly ranges between Rs. 60,000 – Rs. 1,75,000. Moreover, you can develop an enhanced knowledge about chemical entities, medical writing, etc with a degree from the well-recognized M Pharma colleges in India.