Traditionally energy is produced from natural gas, oil and coal. With the increasing demand for energy for businesses, these resources are depleting across the globe. Generating energy from fossil fuels also emits carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
With the rising awareness about sustainability and climate change, new concepts are being introduced to tackle energy consumption for businesses. Green energy helps you save some money on your energy bills with a positive impact on climate.
Green power or energy is an environmentally friendly approach for energy production using resources like biogas, solar, wind, biomass etc. Investing in a green energy program means the majority of the energy supplied to your business is generated through renewable resources. An experienced utility bidder can help you in selecting the green energy plan that fulfills the long-term goals of the business.
Different Power Sources in Green Energy
Your supplier is giving you the energy using the same wires or pipes; however, your investment in green energy is spent in producing energy from green or renewable sources. Most of the green energy for businesses comes from the following sources:
The main source of power here is the sun. Photovoltaic cells or large solar panels are used to capture sunlight and convert it to electricity.
In this source, the wind is used to move turbines or windmills, and this movement generates energy.
This is the oldest way to produce energy, and hydroelectric power plants use the flow of water to produce electricity.
This energy is produced during the decay of radioactive elements within the earth. But accessing this energy in the earth’s core requires large-scale drilling.
The most common sources of biomass are municipal solid waste, wood, biodiesel, agricultural waste, animal manure etc. Energy is produced after burning these waste products, which releases greenhouse gases. However, the quantity is lower than those released using fossil fuels.
Major Benefits of Using Green Energy for Businesses
- As more and more businesses move towards green power sources, energy production using renewable sources increases, which minimizes the dependence on fossil fuels.
- Global crisis or economic fluctuation can significantly increase energy prices. The majority of the green energy is produced locally, so it’s easier to maintain stable energy prices. Using renewable energy sources reduces the downtime for the business.
- Businesses can benefit from Green Energy incentives offered by the government.
- Green energy sources emit fewer greenhouse gases and air pollutants compared to traditional fossil fuels.
- The eco-friendly approach can help the business in attracting more customers or clients.
- A green energy plan supports the production of cleaner energy and can help any business in reducing energy bills.
Different green business energy plans are offered by several suppliers. Switching to a small-scale supplier gives you a cost advantage, but they are less stable compared to the big suppliers.
Before switching to any green energy supplier, it’s important to thoroughly research how they support the green energy movement and what resources are being used. Only the resources that do not produce any pollution while generating energy qualify for green energy.